Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011 Letter

Lets see, what else..... Oh ya. Last Monday, our pday. We spent the whole day with one of our investigators. His name is Diego. We walked along the beach, helped him with English, and just talked. Then we went and got açai, and went to teach him. Then he bought us dinner. So it was great. There´s a real problem if we´re spending our pdays with investigators and they don't get baptized right? But anyway, it was a little late, it was 9:30. So we started booking it home. But it´s on the other side of our area, so buy the time we got home it was like 10:15. But, what really makes me mad are the members that drive by and yell, "Oi Elderes! Horário!" Like yelling at us for being on the street. But hello!!!  You know the rules, why don't you pull over and say., "hey elders, its a little late, can i help out by giving you a ride home?" Is that too hard? Ugh, just wish some people here were a little more helpful, and a little less nagging. But, ya. That's me on my soapbox. Sorry.

So this week has been a little rough. It was a holiday on Thursday called São João. Some holiday celebrating John the Baptist. They all build fires in the streets, do fireworks all night long, eat a lot, A LOT, of corn, and drink a lot of beer. Plus, the parties are a lot bigger in the interior, cities like Gravatá or Caruaru. So, everybody leaves the beach, and travels 2 or 3 hours to go to these parties. So there weren't really a lot of people here. It was weird. We´d walk down the streets and they´d be empty. Really weird. But hey, they´re having fun right?

That's about it. Just a lot of missionary work. Sometimes its really tough to be a missionary. Life would just be easier at home. But, I know this is where I'm supposed to be. I know its where the Lord wants me to be. So that's where I am. I can only do what I can, but that's what I´ll do. I love being a missionary. Knowing that there are so many people out there that i can help, that need me..... It just makes me want to be the best missionary i can. I don't know how to explain it. Its just a different feeling than im used to. But its great. I love it. I know this church is true. I love it. And i love and miss you all. Keep being your good ol´ selves.

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment