Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011 Letter

Hello,

Here it goes again. Its been a good week here in Brazil. Things are going good. Things are going kinda slow here.. But slow and steady wins the race right? Why rush through life trying to force things?... Its just eternal salvation we´re trying to help them with.... But thats alright. If they dont want to come to church because of the rain, thats alright. Sorry, im kinda complaining, but its tough ya know? We spend all day everyday trying to help them, but they just dont understand the importance. Honestly i dont think i did either before the mission. But that is one thing that I have definitely learned. I understand the importance of the gospel so much more. I realize how short this life is, and also how significant these short years that we live on earth. They determine our eternity. That´s one concept that still blows my mind,...  But its hard because people here dont really seem to realize that there is more to life than drinking beer, smoking, and watching soccer... But we´re trying to help them.

Transfers are next week. Im thinking im going to get transferred. I´ve been here in Setúbal for almost 4 months. I think that my times almost up here. Its hard, because I know this area has potential. I´ve seen it. It´s just hard sometimes. The members, the people, .... things are just slow here sometimes. But i know we have investigators that will get baptized soon. Even if its not in the time frame we want, the Lord has a plan, and it´s a lot better than our selfish desires.

Well, tomorrow will make 6 months on the mission. It really is crazy to me how fast time goes by. A fourth of my mission is already passed. I only have a year and a half left.  Melinda is already a senior companion and has less than a year left. Life is short, and my mission is way short. It really made me reflect and recommit to being the best missionary i can be and help everyone i can in these remaining 18 months. I dont have much time left, even though to you guys it seems like i wont be home forever. Dont worry, I´ll be back... sooner than you think. NO WAIT..... When you think... it´ll just come fast. haha

I got a lot of letters this week. Tell Grandma and Grandpa I sent them letters already. It sounds like they arnt getting my letters.... But if they´re at the cabin I hope they  get forwarded to their cabin... because i sent them to their house in Pueblo... They´ll get them eventually at home. I hope.

I love you all. Hope you all are doing "magical".... I miss you. Be safe , and make good choices.

Love and miss you

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment