Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 3, 2011 Letter

Well, it´s been quite the week. Last Monday night we got a call saying we would recieve another companion. So Tuesday, after district meeting we went to the office to get him. His name is Elder Pincerno. I guess he was having some "real" difficulties with his other companion... But, he´s doing good now.

Another exciting thing was Rusivel. He´s really an amazing person. We talked with him and everything with the Zone Leaders, and they kinda did an interview with him. Elder Labrum, one of the Zone Leaders in Agua Fria, told him to pray hard and to listen, because he would get his answer during conference. Well, Rusivel went to conference, but only one session. But it was good for me. As conference went along, I wasn´t only listening to the talks for me, but I was intently listening to help Rusivel. I dont know if you guys remember the first session, the second speaker, the lady that talked about inspiration and such. Well I feel that talk was pesonally for Rusivel. But the problem is, he wasnt there. But I know that the Lord answers our prayers. But, we have to do our part, being ready to get an answer at anytime.

Conference was great! I love conference! It was kinda a different experience in Portuguese, but it was good. They finally were able to hook up a tv, and me and some other elders watched in beloved english. Its so much easier! No having to try to understand! It was great! Also, I love the Prophet! He´s such a funny man! So loving, and happy! A lot of people are saying he´s crazy, but I know he just really loves us. But conference was a party. Kinda different having sessions at 1 and 5 in the afternoon, and having priesthood rebroadcasted at 8 in the morning Sunday, but it was great. I love conference and have so much that I need to improve. Now is a better time than any to start.

Some other exciting news is that last night, at 10:20, Elder Hocker called and said that me and Elder Barbosa were transferred.... So, we spent a good part of the night packing our bags. This morning we went and visited Joaquina and Rusivel. They´re really the only people that I´m really going to miss here. I´m really sad that I wont be there to help Rusivel. But, the good news is that President Lanius authorized, at least E. Barbosa that he could visit for the baptism. Im hoping that promise applies to me too... But anyways, the transfer. Yep, my new area is Goiana. (Goy-awn-uh) It´s the area farthest north in Pernambuco. It was a long hour and a half ride in a little tiny car, with 4 of us, and 5 pieces of luggage... But, we´re here now. It´s great. My companions name is Elder L. Santos...( I think, IM still learning) But things are good.

Well, thats about it.... for now. Hope you´re all well. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment