Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011 Letter

Dear Family,

Feliz Páscoa!!! Happy Easter! It´s definitely weird being in a different culture for holidays. Things are much different. They dont sell chocolate bunnies here, only little or giant eggs that are super expensive. I really missed dying eggs with the family. Thats ok. It was a great day. I know that Easter is a lot more important than peeps, or chocolate bunnies.

This last week was my 3 month anniversary. Its weird to think that. I only have 7 of those left. Its so weird to think about. I need to work harder!

I havnt gotten any packages yet, but i am excited and looking forward to them. There is a big stadium kinda..... I dont live at the address i gave you. Thats the address of the mission office. I live in Setubal, a neighborhood in Recife. The city of Recife is huge. Its called the Grand Recife, so people call areas by the neighborhoods, like Setubal. But ya kinda a big stadium close by. Not super close though. I live in an apartment type of thing. It has 2 floors, 2 bedrooms, and 1 1/2 bathrooms. The downstairs is just a giant room where we can study, and the kitchen, and a little area for the washer and a toilet(no door). Upstairs is the 2 rooms, a bathroom(with a door). Its a good house. I hear this is one of the better houses, so i was lucky.

We are really only teaching 5 people seriously. They all came to church this week!! It was great! They all live in the favela de borborema. It´s tough to find new investigators. Everyone leaves in buildings that we cant get into without referals. So its tough. We really need the help of the members. But we have a baptism scheduled for this saturday! All 5 of them. We have two young women, Tatiani and Leila, two primary kids, Weverson and Amanda, and a women named Marli. Marli and Leila were baptized 6 months ago but never were confirmed. So were going to do it over again. They´ve all been coming to church every sunday for about 2 months. Its great. We´re both super excited. We´re going to make brownies and everything. Speaking of which, Mom, can you send me your recipe for brownies? Thanks

There havnt been many baptisms here because the elders that were here before were lazy, and didnt work very hard. I dont understand how they could have done nothing all day. What would they do? Go to the beach and sit all day?? I just dont know.... But we´re definitly working. The bishop said the other day, that he´s grateful to have 2 elders in his ward that really know how to work. Me. too. I´m glad i have a companion who knows how to work and how to teach me to work.

This week has been great. It really has. But everyday i feel like im going to die. My legs are dead, my feet hurt, my head hurts from all the portuguese. Its tough. But, every morning i have enough strenght to get up, and do it all again. Im thankful for this blessing. I know the Lord is helping me with this work. Im so thankful, because i know i cant do anything without Him.

I love you all. Keep in touch. I love reading your letters. Tell me everything. Love you guys.

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment