Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011 Letter

Dear Family....

So, this week has been interesting... Last Monday night I got a call from the AP saying I was being transferred... It was weird. I thought that I would have been transferred the week before, at transfers... But this one was a "mini". Where new missionaries arrive, or President just needs to change some things around.. But anyway, said bye to a couple people in Setubal and went to the office. There were a lot of people there. My new companion is Elder Barbosa. He only has 3 months on the mission. Now I´m a senior companion, and we´re opening an area, Torreão... Oh man. It was really surprising to me. I have so much to learn and i feel so inadequate... Lets just say I´ve been praying a lot lately....

But one thing that is hard is getting transferred... Its even harder when you and your new companion were both transferred. You have 6 luggages... Its kinda ridiculous to try and get on a bus with all that stuff... And some bad news, the handle on one of my bags broke.... But its ok, I just have to get stronger to be able to carry it around....

Torreão... It´s hard to open an area. President took the missionaries out of here for a transfer, and now he´s putting us in. It´s hard because neither of us know anyone, anything.. nothing. We´ve been doing a lot of contacts, knocking doors, and trying to find members.. Things will be slow for a while, but hopefully we can change things around here in Torreão.

Thats about it for the week. Done a lot of walking, trying to find, little teaching... It´s been kinda rough. But things will be better this week. I love you all and will talk to you next week.

Love,

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment