Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011 Letter

Well,

This week was good. We had zone conference and President Lanius was really kinda straight forward. He said, "Some of you have been talking and saying that I'm kinda strict... I just want to tell you something. I am." Wow! It was really powerful. I know that he is strict and strait forward because he loves us. He knows the potential we have, and he knows the importance of missionary work. He really stressed the part about having the Spirit. It´s so true. We all need the Spirit in our lives, especially here on a mission. We need the Spirit to guide us, to protect us, to tell us where to go, what to say, everything. So, that's what I'm trying to do now. Have the spirit really be a companion in my life.

Something kinda sad is that Léo didn't come to church yesterday to be confirmed. He went out of town with his grandpa. But, he´s an amazing kid. He´ll get confirmed this Sunday.

Also, we had a really cool experience on Saturday. We went and taught Rusivel. His wife is already a member but he´s not. They met each other over the Internet.... (kinda weird..:)) But he´s really a cool guy. The lesson was super cool. We had a lesson plan, we prayed before we went in, and we bore testimony and shared experiences and scriptures. It was really cool. The spirit was super strong and he accepted to get baptized! It was really cool. We´re really pushing for this Saturday because next Monday is transfers and we really want to see him get baptized. Because he´s awesome!

The mission is great. I absolutely love it. Time is really flying. Before you know it I´ll be home talking to you all in person. But, as for now I got some more work to do. A lot of it. I love you all.

Until next time,
Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment