Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011 - Letter

Well, its Pday all over again. Time is flying by so fast. Seeems like just yesterday was our P-day, but oh well

The days fly by so fast. Some days I dont even remember what we did earlier. Its tough. But we're speaking only portuguese in class now. We kinda had to because our teachers dont "understand" english anymore. But its good. Its helping me to learn faster and better i think.

Oh ya. Parker O'very got his reassignment to Tallahasee or somewhere in Florida. Dont know if you knew that or not. But I heard that the mission president down there has been asking if the reassigned missionaries can go there. I guess there are a lot of Portuguese speakers in the southern states. Florida, Alabama, Georgia. And no. North Carolina is not in the south. So if i get reassigned, I'll probably go to one of those three states.

Um, we had a fireside on Tuesday. Someone from the seventy. His wife bore her testimony in spanish, portuguese, and English. It was really cool. It was simple, but very powerful. The spirit was very strong.

We taught at the TRC on wednesday. We taught about the plan of salvation. He seemed to feel really good about it. He prayed and read the scriptures. He felt the spirit both times. He told us he had been baptized when he was born. We told him that he needed to be baptised in Christs name to get to the celestial kingdom. He said he wanted that, and if thats what God wanted he said he'd do it. I know it wasnt a real lesson, but it was still my first opportunity to commit someone to be baptized. It was cool.

Im doing good though. I feel like im getting fat. I eat a lot here. 3 meals a day, snacks throughout all day, and then we only get 50 minutes to excersice. Its not enough time to burn off all the food im putting in my body. But oh well. One of my teachers, Brother Dodge, lost 60 pounds on his mission. He had some disease, and had worms in his stomach, but still. 60 pounds. So i figure what ever i put on here, i'll just lose it with diseases.

Also, there is a teacher who went to Recife. He said its really poor. There are favelas? Super poor area, lots of houses dont have addresses. But he only got a gun pulled on him once, so not too bad.

Any way, im doing great. I only ghave 30 seconds so i got to go. I love you all. The church is true.  Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment