Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4, 2011 Letter

Wow,
 
It's already been 2 weeks. It feels like its been so long but also like its been no time at all. Its weird to think about how we've only been here for 2 weeks and We'll be doing it for 2 years. Man, it's crazy.
 
 
Well mission life has been great. It's been tougher this week though. Its tough being district leader and trying to keep everyone else happy. Its hard to know how to help them. But I think we're doing pretty good. We've really tried to transition from listening to our teachers speak portuguese and us answer in english, to everything in portuguese. Its really hard. I can never say what i want or feel like saying because i dont know the word in portuguese. I hope it starts coming quicker. But the language is great. It sounds a lot prettier than spanish thats for sure. They dont sound as beautiful as us amazing portuguese speakers. haha. Just kidding, but really it's true.
 
About the mission thing.... Thats pretty tough. I dont really know what to say. I mean, i've always wanted to, and known that i would serve a mission. But my advice would be along the same lines as melindas. Just get out there and do it. You know its the right thing, the Lord wants you to go, and it will help out so many people. Just dont be selfish and do 'your life stuff' for two years and make hundreds/thousands of people suffer because you wernt willing to go. I know that its tough to think about, and tough to get over, but i know that its true. I've heard so many experiences of missionaries blessing the lives of so many people. One i heard today, a missionary didnt get his visa to brazil so he got sent to florida. He had a brazilian flag over his window. In the middle of the night, some guy knocked on their door. He only spoke portuguese and wanted to know more about the church. The Lord knew that this man needed to have this missionary put in this spot. If he hadnt gone on his mission this poor man could have never heard the gospel. Just dont be selfish. I know the Lord has blessed us all so much. Its the least we can do to help more of His children, and our brothers and sisters, return to our Heavenly Father.
 
Im so grateful for the opportunity to be serving a mission. I can not wait to teach people the gospel, and to see their "faces light up" as Melinda said. I know that there are people in Brazil that are waiting for me to teach them the gospel. So that they can be with their families forever. Im so happy for this gospel. Im grateful for all the blessings that i have, and that we all have. I know this Church is true and im so thankful for it. I know that President Monsen is the true prophet called of God on this earth to help us. I know that if we listen to what he says, we will be blessed.
 
I love you all so much. Thanks for your support and i'll talk to you all in a week. Bye
 

No comments:

Post a Comment