Friday, February 18, 2011

February 18, 2011 - Letter

 
 Well, another week has come and gone. Its so weird. Life is good here in the MTC.
  
We went to the temple today. We did sealings. It was my first time and it was really cool to be a part of that. I love the temple so much. If you think about how important it is to the people that you are doing it for it means so much more. It makes me happy to be able to provide them with the same opportunities that we all have.

Anyway, life here is great. Yesterday we started this thing where we have to speak Portuguese at all times. If we speak English we have to carry the "English rock". It weighs 10 pounds and everyone makes fun of you. Its really hard to just speak Portuguese. But i know that this will help us all out with learning the language.

Oh. One of my teachers, Brother Shaeffer, his dad died. He died really suddenly and unexpectedly. He's going to be gone for at least 2 weeks. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

People are leaving and coming all the time. We had our old zone leaders leave on Tuesday. It was weird. The new zone leaders are Elder McComber and Elder Gage. They seem frustrated but they'll do a good job. We and 29 new missionaries come into our zone this week. 2 Districts so lots of missionaries. We were supposed to get new roommates but we didn’t.

Oh. I filled out my online visa application on Tuesday!!!! So, between 2-6 weeks till I should have my visa. So hope for the best.

I love it here at the MTC. I’m so thankful for the opportunity i have to serve a mission. I am learning so much everyday. It has and will continue to help me become the person that i want to be for the rest of my life. Elder Pearson spoke on Tuesday. He told us we need to become disciples of Christ. I really want that. I am so thankful for what he did for me and i want to help people return to him. I love this gospel. Got to Go

Love you. Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment