Friday, March 11, 2011

March 4, 2011 - Letter

Well, its time again for another letter. Its so weird. Been here 6 weeks... only 2 weeks left before im gone. Its kinda nerv-racking. Nothing like Melinda's murder/shooting. Man, that was so crazy. Im glad she's ok. Thats insane!

Wow, well we're the oldest missionaries in our zone now. Its weird because i definitely dont feel like the oldest one. I never do. Not in high school as a senior, or not now. Oh well. I've learned that age doesnt really matter. Especially here at the MTC. We're all here to serve the Lord, and 1 year doesnt make that big of a difference.

A couple missionaries in our zone got their visas this week. 4 of them. So there is hope. I'll get to Brazil eventually.

Um, some kinda sad news is that Sis Jensen cant go to Brazil because she has stomach issues. She throws up after every meal. It was really bad last week. But anyway, the doctors said there is no way they are sending her to Brazil like that. So she got reassigned to Orlando, Florida English Speaking. They dont send sister missionaries Portuguese speaking in the US which i think is strange... They'll send them to the middle of the Amazon, but not portuguese speaking to Boston, or New York... Oh well. I know there is a reason for it. ANd i know that there's a reason Sis Jensen was supposed to learn Portuguese. I know the Lord has a plan for everything and we just need to trust Him and serve anywhere we go.

But speaking of reassignments, i either get it next week or the next. I really dont know. I get confused on which week we're on. Because we've been here for 6 weeks and 2 or 3 days, but its technically our 7th week. So i dont really know when they'll come. BUt when i do get a reassignment or travel plans i get to call home so be ready for that.

Me and Elder Clark got roomates this week. Its definitely different. They seem like nice guys but i dont really know them very well yet. They have a strange odor to them, but it'll be good. I dont like sleeping on the top bunk. Its a lot hotter up there and im a little nervous of falling off. Just kidding. But kinda seriously. But it's fine.

Irmão Shaeffer came back on Monday. It was really good to see him again. We all missed him very much. That night, we all taught him a lesson. We kinda just talked about scriptures and then bore testimony. But it was really cool. It was all in Portuguese and the spirit was super strong. His father passed away and i know it was hard for him. Sis Jensen's father passed away several years ago as well. So when she spoke, Irmão Shaeffer started to cry. It was sad, but the spirit was strong and was testifying that it was true. When i bore my testimony, i could feel it so strong. I felt so much love for him. More love for anyone that i met 6 weeks earlier in my life. It was so cool. I know that im going to need that same love when i go and teach people the gospel. Im going to need to love complete strangers, so it was good to get an opportunity to love him like that.

Im learning a lot about the gospel. I love it here. I kinda want to stay longer and learn more, but i know i cant. I know i need to get out there and teach people about Christ. I cant wait for that time. I know the gospel has brought so much happiness to my life, and i cant wait to share that with other people. I want them to know for themselves that Heavenly Father loves them, and that they can return to live with him again. Im so excited for the opportunity i have to serve a mission. I love it.

Talk to you later. I love you all. The church is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment