Monday, December 19, 2011

October 24, 2011 Letter

Well,

This week has been great. Training has been a new experience, but its really helping me grow a lot. His name is Elder L.(Lucas) Ribeiro. He´s from Curitiba, the same stake as President Lanius. He´s a great Elder, who´s willing to follow all the rules and always do what we should do.

This week we had an amazing experience. When he got here I was thinking of who we could baptize this week. President Lanius told us we need to baptize every week. It´s a steep goal, but not impossible. But we only had one man at church last week, ...... So, we decided to fast and pray for him. So we did. It turned out really good. The next day we went to his house and he was so happy! He told us that his day had been amazing! Everything was just going good for him. So we took that opportunity and invited him to be baptized. He said Yes! It was amazing! We´ve spent the week talking a lot with him, and yesterday was his baptism. He´s a great man, who I really think will stay strong in the church. But, the lesson I learned is the power of faith and prayer and fasting. There´s a scripture, Matt. 19, that talks about how things are impossible with men, but with God, all things are possible. It´s so true. Everything. All we need to do is have faith and turn to Him, put our trust in Him, and He´ll take care of the rest.

But this week has been great. I love training. It´s really helping me become a better missionary and a better person. Im learning a lot everyday. Sometimes I feel like Im being trained over again. Someone with the energy and spirit of a new missionary. It´s really motivating to be a better person. I love the mission. It´s amazing. I love you all, I´ll talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment